Friday, August 20, 2010

1, 2, 3, chee...4, 5, 6, 7, CHEESE!

When Mr. C and I got married 4 years ago, one of our first purchases as newlyweds was a camera.  We hadn't quite made it to the digital age yet, and with an upcoming honeymoon, we needed to arrive in the 21st century.  We weren't very picky about our point-and-shoot purchase - I just asked for at least 5.0 megapixels (it seemed like a lot back then, okay?!) and something small enough to put in a pocket.  Off we went to a local store with our wedding gift certificate, and purchased our little Nikon CoolPix L3.  Fabulous Followers, meet the L3:


However, it's time for me and the not-so-CoolPix to bid farewell.  Her picture quality has become awful (or maybe it has been all along, and I am now just noticing), and even with a new battery, the shutter speed is too slow to photograph a statue and takes about 6 seconds to recoop after taking a photo.  I am mortified if anyone else has to use it to take a picture, as I am constantly saying, "It's super-slow.  I'm sorry.  I need a new camera."

Now, I must give credit where credit is due, since that trusty little camera has seen us through a lot - a Jamaican honeymoon, many weekend getaways, weddings galore, a growing 4-legged baby, and a home renovation.  Even so, I'm ready to drop her like a bad habit for a little something like this:




I know, I know, I have expensive taste.  But, I love photography (as much as a point-and-shoot owner can) and really want to invest in a quality DSLR that I will have for many years.  I have talked to multiple people with Rebels, and they love them.  However, I maintain that I am all about researching big purchases, so anybody that can offer any insight, help a girl out!



1 comment:

  1. ooOOOOoooo. I can already tell that camera is going to look good on you! And make me look more fabulous than I already am. :)

    ReplyDelete